Unstuck JOY! – November 21, 2017
Join host Vicki Todd and her guest, David Essel, author of Positive Thinking Will Never Change Your Life But This Book Will! The Myth of Positive Thinking, The Reality of Success. David is a master life coach and international speaker who believes few will ever find success from “wishful thinking or fantastical affirmations.” David’s mission is to end the myth of positive thinking by sharing how 365 days of doing the work you’d rather not do, in the area of life you’re struggling with is the only way to turn your subconscious mind around! This show’s Art Vision prompt is Are You of ONE Mind? Vicki uses the concepts from David’s book – positive thinking techniques + daily actions outside of your comfort zone = changing your subconscious mind to help you fulfill your dreams. Let’s celebrate YOUR conscious and subconscious minds gelling via Art Vision journaling!
Watch as Vicki creates an Art Vision journal page LIVE during the show!
YouTube video coming soon!
Memoir Artwork of the Day: Black Sheep Evolution
I painted Black Sheep Evolution in January 2015 when I knew I needed to resign from my 12-year, tenured professor position to take a blind leap of faith toward following my life’s Purpose. I was scared to death and unsure of what this new future would look like, but I knew I had to take the leap or my Soul would shrivel within me and die. My subconscious ego was telling me I’d fail and to stay safe in my steady job. My conscious mind, where my dreams live, urged me to trust that the Universe would catch me when I made the jump. I used the power of prayer and my intuition (positive thinking techniques) along with the very scary action of resigning with no safety net plan in place (action outside my comfort zone) to move toward syncing my subconscious and conscious minds. It was the best decision I’ve ever made! I’m still following my intuition, doing daily meditation and positive “I am” statements combined with inspired action steps outside of my comfort zone to expand my dreams of being a best-selling author (about to publish my second book!), dynamic radio host (love talking to guests like David Essel!) and impactful art workshop teacher (creating new art workshops for 2018)! What action steps can YOU take today to move closer toward your dreams and goals?
Art Vision Journal Prompt of the Day: Are you of One Mind?
I used concepts from David Essel’s book, Positive Thinking Will Never Change Your Life But This Book Will! and acrylic paint to create my Art Vision page! The image in the lower righthand corner is my painting, Belly of the Whale, symbolizing when I was afraid to move forward but knew I must (subconscious limiting beliefs). The larger image is my conscious mind reminding me of the daily actions I can take to realize my dreams/goals.
I need to take the following actions:
– be more dedicated to my daily meditation practice to hear inspired action steps
– speak or write daily “I am” statements
– focus daily prayer time
– keep taking actions that are uncomfortable to move toward my goals. For example, I just submitted a query to a literary agent in NYC that specializes in inspirational memoir for my book, Unstuck. That was scary! And, I’m continuing the work on my second book with the hope of sending to my publisher by end of 2017 – editing/proofing is the grunt work, but it must be done to progress!
Now it’s your turn!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
art visioning prompt: Are you of one mind?
David Essel urges that we must face our current reality in order to move forward, and not allow positive thinking to mask our current situation.
Where are you currently in an area that you’d like to see improvement in? Are there limiting beliefs you need to adjust? How can you use the positive thinking techniques of visualization, positive affirmations, and prayer to place yourself in a positive environment? What is the next right mini-step you can take toward your goals even if it’s outside of your comfort zone? Do you need to meditate daily to become more connected to your Higher Self? Is there a workshop you can attend, online class you can take, mentor you need to meet to help you take action toward your dreams? Is there a toxic relationship that’s holding you back that you need to set boundaries around so you can move forward in a positive manner? How can you express this through paint, markers, Crayons, collage, words, etc.?
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of Are You of ONE Mind.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!