Unstuck JOY! – October 17, 2017
Join host Vicki Todd as she shares her Unstuck JOY! adventure at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany! Vicki’s visual memoir, Unstuck: One Heroine’s Journey of Art and the Courage to Live on Purpose, was invited to display at the LitFire Publishing booth during the Frankfurt Book Fair. Watch as Vicki documents her journey via Facebook Live videos as she says YES to her dreams, listens to her intuition, and follows her curiosity along the breadcrumb trail the Universe provides for her. This show’s Art Vision prompt is How Does Your Lotus Flower Bloom? A lotus flower’s roots are deep in the mud and muck, yet the flower rises above toward the light. Let’s celebrate as we rise up out of the muck of fear and doubt toward the light and abundance of our dreams with Art Vision journaling!
To learn more about Vicki’s visual memoir, Unstuck, click here.
Click the video below to watch this episode of Unstuck JOY!
Memoir Artwork of the Day: Vicki’s angel wings
Vicki took a fabulous art class with Oregon artist Whitney Freya! Underneath the angel wings, everyone in the workshop painted words representing their dreams and intentions, along with symbols for abundance, courage, and love. (See photo below.) Then participants painted their unique angel wings using their favorite colors. Vicki loves her wings! She’s using their symbolism to guide her as she follows her dreams at the Frankfurt Book Fair and beyond!
Art Vision Journal Prompt of the Day: How does your lotus flower bloom?
Here’s my lotus flower painted with watery acrylic craft paints in my Art Vision journal. You can Google lotus flower images and outlines to create your own with acrylic or watercolor paint, Crayons, markers, collage in any color you wish!
Now it’s your turn!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
art visioning prompt: How does your lotus flower bloom?
The lotus flower is the symbol of abundance and enlightenment. It grows out of the muck and mud toward the light. The muck and mud represent your doubts, fears and limiting beliefs. Yes, these are negative things we hope to leave behind, but they are also elements that help fertilize your dreams. Think about the powerful lessons your doubts and fears have taught you. How can you use those lessons to make you stronger and more aware on your True Self path? How can you grow from those insights as you bloom into your beautiful, enlightened True Self!
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of How Does Your Lotus Flower Bloom.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!
Check out Vicki’s dreams and intentions underneath her angel wings!