Unstuck JOY! – October 3, 2017
Join host Vicki Todd and her guest, Geraldine Banes, who is the owner of Studio Beju in Duvall, WA. Geraldine’s mission for Studio Beju is to focus on a mindful lifestyle that is uplifting and light. She offers classes that feature the natural elements of movement, art, dance, meditation & song. Studio Beju is a place for exploring & nurturing self, home and garden. Tune in to listen to Geraldine’s music created from bowls and handpans! This show’s Art Vision prompt is Bring Out Your Inner Poet! Vicki will give you two simple 5-line poem formats to express your True Self through symbolism and words. Let’s celebrate the Poet archetype via Art Vision journaling!
Watch as Vicki creates an Art Vision journal page LIVE during the show!
Here’s where the Art Vision journal page ended up!
Memoir artwork of the day: Language of Zelda
While taking Geraldine’s Chakra Awakening class, Vicki was inspired to paint Language of Zelda after dancing the Root Chakra, which is ruby red. The dance included a visualization of being a seed in the ground and rising up out of the dirt into the light. Zelda represents Vicki’s Root Chakra seed awakening.
Here are the art journal creations Vicki has drawn so far during Geraldine’s Chakra Awakening class. Click on each photo to see a larger version.
Art Vision Journal Prompt of the Day: Bring Out Your Inner Poet!
Here’s my Cinquain poem about one of my art muses, Frida Kahlo! See instructions below…
I created Frida from a monoprint I glued to my Art Vision journal page and painted her with acrylic paints.
Here’s a 5-line instant poem about Beingness. See instructions below….
I used collage paper I created from painting rice paper with acrylic paints and decorating with stencils.
Now it’s your turn!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
art visioning prompt: bring out your inner poet!
A Cinquain poem can be about any subject you wish. It’s created from this format:
Line 1: a noun
Line 2: 2 adjectives
Line 3: 3 -ing verbs
Line 4: a sentence to summarize
Line 5: a noun
A 5-line instant poem can be about any subject you wish.
The format includes 5 lines:
Line 1: share the origin – how it came to be
Line 2: tell what it does or what happens to you
Line 3: how does it do it:
Line 4: where does it take you – a memory, place, etc.?
Line 5: tell how it affects you
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of Bring Out Your Inner Poet.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!
Here are the Poet and Storyteller Archetype cards that Geraldine uses in her Throat Chakra awakening class, which inspired the Bring Out Your Inner Poet Art Vision prompt!
(from the Carolyn Myss Archetype card deck)
This was a lovely blog ppost