UNSTUCK JOY! – may 25, 2017
Say YES to Your True Self Values and Live Unstuck JOY!
What are the values that make your life joyful and balanced – in other words, the values of your True Self? Did you know that if you define these values and incorporate them regularly into your daily activities, you will enjoy more vibrancy, texture and fulfillment in your life? We will look at the top reasons of why people don’t live their True Self Values and how you can do a Values Litmus Test to make sure you’re living your True Self life at full volume! Also, watch as Vicki creates a watercolor painting LIVE during the show!
Click below to watch this episode of Unstuck JOY!
Here is where the LIVE watercolor painting ended up!
MEMOIR ARTWORK OF THE DAY: Hear Me roar
I painted Hear Me Roar while saying YES to my life during an art retreat in Spain. The class was designed to be a traditional landscape course, but I followed my True Self intuition and painted “landscapes that tell the story of women’s lives.” If I had followed everyone else and painted traditional landscapes during the retreat, my True Self knew that I would be disappointed that I didn’t embrace my heart’s desire in the moment of the experience. How are YOU following your True Self values in your daily life?
Click here to read my Artist Heroine Manifesto about co-creating YOUR desired life with the power of the Universe!
ART VISION JOURNAL PROMPT OF THE DAY: say yes to your life zen doodle!
Here are my True Self Values list and the Art Vision journal page I created for the Say YES to Your Life Zen Doodle prompt. I used Crayons and matched my six True Self values with the colors and positions of the seven Chakra. What creative colors, patterns and symbols can YOU use to express living your own True Self Values?
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
ART VISIONING PROMPT – say yes to your life zen doodle:
When I knew that I needed to resign from my 12-year professor position to follow my life’s Purpose, a life coach asked me to define the values that I require to live a happy, balanced life. She then asked me to compare my daily activities to this list of values to determine whether I was living my values on a consistent basis – a True Self Values Litmus Test.
What an eye-opener!
My six values include: freedom to work on projects that are important to me, creativity, making a meaningful contribution, autonomy, spirituality, and adventure. At the end of my professor career, I was not living these values daily, and that caused me frustration and pain.
How about you? Can you list at least 3 True Self values that you require to make your life joyful and balanced? How do your daily activities measure up? What do you need to do to make your True Self values list and your daily activities gel together? Do you need to take a life-changing leap of faith into the unknown (change jobs, end a toxic relationship, relocate, etc.) or simply tweak your current schedule to allow more time for activities you love?
Click here to print out the True Self outline: TrueSelfoutline
Paste the True Self outline onto your Art Vision journal page and express via zen doodling how you’re growing and evolving toward manifesting your True Self values. Use Crayons, colored markers, or collage materials to create your zen doodle page. Incorporate patterns, shapes and colors that hold meaning for you regarding your list of True Self values. For example, I used flower shapes to symbolize my True Self values blooming and growing.
If you feel you’re not living your True Self values today, you might express those values in black and white on one side of the True Self outline, and then create a doodle in color on the other side to express the Unstuck JOY you would feel to truly live those values daily.
If you are currently living your True Self values, what patterns, colors, and shapes can you doodle to express how it feels to manifest into your True Self?
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of Say YES to Your Life Zen Doodle.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!
CHECK OUT WHAT PARTICIPANTS IN MY ART VISIONING WORKSHOP CREATED TO express how they say yes to their true self values!