UNSTUCK JOY! – March 23, 2017
Retrain Your Brain and Live unstuck joy!
Did you know 95% of our thoughts are the same as the day before because we’re living life in subconscious, default programming? And, 70-80% of those thoughts are negative, limiting, disempowering, and sabotaging! EEK!
Watch the video below to view this episode of Unstuck JOY! and learn how:
- YOU can retrain your brain to match your positive dreams and desires
- Vicki created her Art Visioning journal pages of Retrain Your Brain and Collage Poetry
MEMOIR ARTWORK OF THE DAY: Voices
This is the cover art I painted for my upcoming book, Voices: 14+1 Artist Heroines Speak Their Creative Journey. (Stay tuned for more info on the book!)
- Are you using conscious, deliberate, positive OR subconscious, default, negative “voices” during your day?
- Create your Future Self = match positive thoughts + authentic feelings + gratitude to create new YOU and lead to new actions and abundance/Unstuck JOY!
ART VISION JOURNAL PROMPTs OF THE DAY: Retrain Your brain & collage poetry
Here are the two Art Vision journal pages I created for Retain Your Brain and Collage Poetry
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the two Art Visioning prompts below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
Art Visioning prompt – Retrain Your Brain:
- Doodle/draw a head or use a magazine photo of a head to collage in your Art Vision journal.
- Doodle/write/collage images and words that symbolize your tendencies to use default negative thoughts/perceptions/feelings/words coming out of your head. Use the following categories and/or others you tend to default to.
- You can use specific items happening in your life or general categories that resonate with you
- Then – doodle/write/collage how you can shift these tendencies toward the positive.
- How will these positive shifts affect your actions and outcomes?
Possible negative default categories:
- What are clichés or beliefs that you’ve grown up with? What would feel more positive and authentic and move you toward positive thoughts and actions? For example:
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Everything I touch turns to gold! (is this authentic/feel good?)
- My business is beginning to grow. I see positive shifts!
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Are you attached to only one outcome?
- What if more than one positive outcome exists?
- How do you react to challenges/fear?
- What if you saw them as silver linings/opportunities?
- Fun house mirror – do others’ doubts mirror your own doubts?
- How can you rewrite your own story to be more positive/high vibe?
- Do you use affirmations?
- Do the words of the affirmation match how you feel?
- How can you change the words so your affirmation feels good/authentic?
Art Visioning prompt – Collage poetry:
- Close your eyes and intuitively select 7 magazine pages.
- From the images and/or words on your 7 pages, write a poem (it doesn’t have to rhyme). If you selected a photo of a rose, you can directly say “rose” in your poem, or use more descriptive, symbolic language such as “life is in full bloom.”
- Consciously choose words for your poem that feel positive, inspirational and high vibe to you.
- Use this exercise as a reminder – the next time you catch yourself defaulting to negative thoughts/perceptions/feelings/words:
- Remember that you perhaps chose magazine pages that you normally wouldn’t gravitate toward – just as life throws you curveballs you may not have chosen
- Remember how you consciously chose positive words for your poem – you chose to perceive your 7 pages in a positive light
- Remember you consciously created something beautiful – just as you can shift your default negative thoughts/perceptions/feelings/words toward authentic, high vibe, positive ones leading to positive actions and abundance!
- You can consciously rewrite your story and create a new positive, high vibe norm!
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompts of Retrain Your Brain and Collage Poetry.
- With each prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!