Unstuck JOY! – February 20, 2018
Join me and my guest, Leah Guy, who is an intuitive healer, spiritual teacher, inspirational speaker, artist and author of the new book, The Fearless Path; A Radical Awakening to Emotional Healing and Inner Peace. Leah uses her personal triumphs over rape, addiction, anxiety and eating disorders, as well as her down-to-earth, honest and often humorous approach, to help you transform trauma and pain into peace and wholeness! This show’s Art Vision prompt is How Do You Process? Let’s use the power of art vision journaling to connect to our Soul and reclaim our Unstuck JOY!
Memoir Artwork of the Day: Body Electric
I’ve been experimenting with body printing by using paint on my own body and transferring the image to canvas. Body Electric is the first body print I’ve painted.
My hope is to use the body prints as cards in my upcoming oracle deck and mix/match them with my memoir portrait paintings on oracle cards. Each painting has its own message and can be used to gain layered insight.
This is definitely a new process that I’ve never tried before. I’m having fun discovering new possibilities along the journey!
Art Vision Journal Prompt of the Day: How do You Process?
In Leah Guy’s book, The Fearless Path; A Radical Awakening to Emotional Healing and Inner Peace, she states that letting go or detaching from painful experiences will hinder true emotional healing.
I tend to use art and writing as ways to work through dark, sad or hurtful experiences.
This Art Vision page shows a darker version of my body print that I collaged onto my Art Vision journal. It symbolizes being in emotional pain. However, I’m always connected to my Soul, even when I can’t feel that connection. Painting and writing are ways that help me work through that darkness and hurt and arrive at peace, renewed joy, and deep connection with my True Self. I used colored markers to express this via color and symbols.
Now it’s your turn!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
art visioning prompt: How Do You Process?
How do you process your emotional pain?
How can you express that through collaging, Crayons, colored markers, words, paint, or inspirational quotes?
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of How Do You Process.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!