Unstuck JOY! – March 6, 2018
Join me and my guest Joanne Chen, who is a Transformational Life Coach. Joanne helps professional women let go of perfection to serve the world more powerfully and live more fulfilling lives. An Asian American immigrant not quite fitting into the model minority role, Joanne broke out of her conventional background to create her own unique path. Joanne will give tips on how to slow down, quiet your critical mind, and access your intuitive, creative self! This show’s Art Vision prompt is What’s Your Sigil? Let’s create our 2018 intentions via an arty, magical symbol!
Memoir Artwork of the Day: And Now What?
I began this painting on January 1, 2013, as a new New Year’s Day tradition: paint on the first day of each year to set my intention of putting my art first!
What are YOUR intentions for 2018? Do you need to create new traditions or rituals to symbolize your juicy intentions coming to fruition?
Art Vision Journal Prompt of the Day: What’s Your Sigil?
A friend introduced me to the idea of creating a sigil for 2018. The definition of a sigil is “an inscribed or painted symbol considered to have magical power.”
I chose 10 things I want to concentrate on in 2018 to help me move toward my goals of putting my art first, writing monologues that correlate with my memoir portraits and performing them at open mic nights (a step toward creating a stage play), and creating my own oracle deck and book using my art and monologues. Then I put the 10 symbols together into a cohesive sigil symbol. I love how it looks like an ancient cave drawing or hieroglyphics in color!
Now it’s your turn!
- Read the Art Visioning process below.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt below.
- Allow the Universe to intuitively reveal to you how you can express your thoughts/discoveries via collaging, drawing, doodling, writing and/or painting.
- Remember – there are NO mistakes in Art Vision journaling! Let your creative juices flow freely! Tell your Inner Critic to sit quietly in the corner.
art visioning prompt: What’s Your Sigil?
What intentions and corresponding symbols can you create to represent YOUR powerful, magical sigil for 2018?
I recommend using 10 or fewer symbols.
Be creative in the symbols and colors you use for each intention. Use black and white if you wish instead of color!
Play around with different ways to put your symbols together into a sigil. My final sigil was the fourth design, so have fun experimenting!
ART VISIONING PROCESS
- Connect with your Higher Self/Source Energy through meditation, yoga, walking in nature, listening to music, etc. to achieve an open/receptive mind/heart.
- Contemplate the Art Visioning prompt of What’s Your Sigil.
- With the prompt in mind, ask the Universe the following questions. Respond to each question or gravitate to the one(s) that most resonate with you.
- What do you want me to discover about this area of my life?
- How can I perceive this part of my life differently?
- What do I need to shed to manifest the best good in this area?
- What do I need to say yes to/allow to manifest the best good in this area?
- Who do I need to be in this area of my life?
- What is an inspired next step I can take to grow/evolve into my True Self in this area?
- How can I use my gifts/super powers to enhance this part of my life?
- Record your discoveries in your art journal – draw, doodle, paint, write, collage your way to soul clarity. Use images, words, favorite quotes, poems, minds maps, colors, etc. Mix up creativity techniques.
- Keep each Art Visioning journal creation as a record of how you’re progressing/evolving on your journey toward being your True Self.
- Feel free to share your Art Visioning creations with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @vickiworldart!
My 2018 sigil also connects with the intentions behind the art symbol I created for this year: Free to Be!